Outage in San Jose

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by seano1 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:14 pm
I have Sonic service through ATT in south San Jose, and my internet access has been slow today; it's almost unusable. It's been getting slower and slower over the past month with more frequent interruptions, but there was a big dropoff today.

I read about other people in the same area having outages on Nextdoor. https://nextdoor.com/p/DLJZYfJSQrTX?utm ... s=OTEyNDMw

Attachments

by stanley1943 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:23 pm
Omg! I thought I was the only one. Thanks for posting. I’m getting the same thing
by briancw » Tue May 25, 2021 10:08 am
Hi stanley1943 and seano1,

I checked both of your addresses and found there to be no listed outages in the area. That being said we'll want to get to creating a case for AT&T to look at the issue.

In order to verify the issue and get AT&T out we will want to do the following things.
During times where you are having issues are the broadband lights on your modem solid green or flashing green, or red?
Are you getting kicked off of wifi or getting messages saying "no internet connection"?
Naturally checking the cables to make sure they are plugged in securely is the first step.
If the modem/router has yet to be power cycled by unplugging the device from power and plugging it in after 10 seconds. We'll want to give that a shot.
If the device has already been powercycled the next thing we will want to do a do a factory reset of the device if it has still got slow downs happening. This can be done by pressing the reset button on the back of your device for 15 seconds then releasing the button. This will clear out any issues with the configuration of the modem/router but will also clear out any custom WiFi names and passwords.

At this point we'll have done the basic steps for clearing out issues and will want to confirm we are still seeing trouble.
To do so we will need to connect a device over ethernet to the modem/router directly and run another speedtest after confirming nobody is using the network using fast.com or speedtest.sonic.net If ethernet is not available the testing device will need to be next to the modem when the test is run to eliminate as much loss as we can with the speedtest.

You two have different service types from each other and will end up with wildly different results from each other. That being said, for yourself if you still don't see the full speed we will want to get together a ticket for AT&T to look at your line. Give those things a shot and we can begin getting this resolved. Respond to me here in this thread or call 855-394-0100 and we can get that moved forward.

Best Wishes
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by seano1 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:39 am
The outage is no longer affecting me.

Attachments

by stanley1943 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Same I think AT&T resolved the issue this morning.

People were also complaining why outage status was not red during this entire afternoon.
by briancw » Wed May 26, 2021 3:14 pm
That is fantastic to hear. If anything comes up feel free to reach out to us here. As always we're here 7 days a week, 8am to 10pm if you ever need anything, and you can reach us at 707-547-3400. Additionally, we're available through text message at the number 707-800-4624.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1