Fragattacks - exploits via WiFi

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by hoy » Thu May 13, 2021 1:15 am
I have been reading about 'fragattack' and wondered if there is anything we can do to prevent/reduce any harm?
Patch the routers (mine is the Pace 5268ac)? Any kind of recommended steps or utilities?

Thanks!
by syntaxsid1 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 am
Hello.

Anyone using their own RG (not rented from Sonic) may be at risk but if you have our leased equipment, this will be centrally managed so we patch/update and push that if needed upon new threats. Our eero mesh system is even stronger still if you are using that or are interested in "beefing up" your security. There is a statement made by eero regarding this:

“Many of the vulnerabilities discovered by the researchers do not affect eero networks due to a combination of custom changes to our networking software that we have made over the years."

Rest assured that if you have the latest equipment or just equipment managed by us, you're in a good place. I hope this information helps. Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by nhbriggs » Thu May 13, 2021 11:54 am
How will we know when our Sonic rented modems have been updated with new firmware to mitigate the FragAttack vulnerability?
3 posts Page 1 of 1