Fiber Connection Dropping Every Few Days?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by aerodynamics » Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 am
I've had Fiber service since roughly July 2020 and my connection has always been rock solid. Up until recently I never had to reboot or power cycle once. About two weeks ago, my connection began dropping every couple days. Power cycling the Sonic modem gets it back on track every time. The issue is I'm working from home so it's imperative my connection is good. Any reason why this may be happening?
by briancw » Fri May 07, 2021 10:40 am
Hi aerodynamics,

I'm looking at that right now, I can definitely see it getting power cycled every few days. There are no light level fluctuations so the line doesn't appear to be experiencing a weak signal. Naturally that points more towards the ONT. I see this account doesn't have any rented equipment so it is not in the Sonic Wire Plan, which means if we dispatch out and the problem is 3rd party equipment the dispatch is billable at $75 for the first 30 minutes and $25 for every 30 after that. Signs point to that ONT having trouble but naturally we would want to be reasonably sure there is nothing wrong with the TP-link that is connected.

All that being said, because of that caveat we'd want to speak with you over the phone at 855-394-0100 so that we can get this worked out. We're here between 8am and 10pm 7 days a week. Save a single 30 minute period during Fridays for a departmental meeting from 2pm till 2:30pm; as it's Friday I figure I'd mention that.

You seem to have something going on with your connection so that call would be advantageous.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1