Direct Sonic fiber not available in Kensington (after closing ATT account)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by bogatirsky » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:19 pm
Hi there,
I'm currently a Sonic fiber customer (great service) in Kensington.
I'm moving houses (still in Kensington) and Sonic availability tool says that only fiber through ATT is available at the new address.
All the neighbors (next to the house and across the street) are direct Sonic-compatible (no need for ATT fiber) according to the availability tool.
I have the feeling this could be due the previous house's owner using AT&T directly and despite their account being closed somehow it doesn't let (direct) Sonic goes through.
Any idea what can be done so I can get direct Sonic fiber and not Sonic via ATT fiber?
Thanks,
Jeremy
by briancw » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi Jeremy,

That is interesting, I am going to want to try and investigate why that is and find out what our options are. I'll need the address we are looking at but don't want you to post it here. Would you please DM me the address and I can look into this for you?
You should be able to click on my username next to this post and it'll give you a button to shoot me a DM.

Best wishes,
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by bogatirsky » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 am
Hi Brian,
Thank you for looking into this.
I sent you a PM but not sure it went through (it is still sitting in my outbox for some reason despite me submitting it, and no way to make it appear in the Sent messages folder).
Thanks,
Jeremy
by briancw » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 pm
Hi bogatirsky,

I am looking into this for you right now. Once I've rustled up some detail I will be right back with you. Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Brian W
Sonic
by briancw » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Nothing beats blasting back into a thread with success. It looks like the database issue is almost resolved. You should see your new address registering as available to get fiber pretty soon here. It looks like there is a moment or two required for the database change to firm up. My counterpart will be letting me know once we are greenlit for the change. We're already speaking via email so I will send you and update via that email chain once we are good to go.
Brian W
Sonic
by bogatirsky » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm
Brian,
Thank you!
I really appreciate it.
I'll give it a try later today or tomorrow and keep you posted.
Enjoy the end of your day.
Best,
Jeremy
by briancw » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:38 am
We are golden. That address is qualifying correctly and you should be all set.
Brian W
Sonic
by bogatirsky » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 am
Brian,
This is great, thank you so much.
Best,
Jeremy
8 posts Page 1 of 1