WiFi Password

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by sonicsf » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:07 am
Why does my WiFi password revert back to default status? I've changed it a couple times now, but it won't stay.
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 am
Hello,

This shouldn't be happening. At least, this shouldn't be anything with our service that can cause this. I can see you're not renting one of the loaner routers from us so it may be specific to your equipment. If your equipment is more than 5 years old, this may be the issue. If you like, you can call our support team and we can run through some troubleshooting steps to determine this for you. We can also send a temporary replacement router so you can see if this happens on our equipment as well. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day! 707-547-3400

Kind Regards,

JM
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by pskilbeck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:11 pm
I've been having a similar issue, but my router is a Sonic-configured Smart/RG router that was installed here less than two years ago.

My case involves the following:
- Timeout issues about 80 percent of times I change WiFi configuration.
- If using a custom SSID, this network connection fails after a few minutes of functioning okay.

I spent close to an hour with Tech Support, we reset the modem, reset and power cycled the router. She set some SSID settings. None of this made a difference.

They're sending me a new router, we'll see what happens then.
3 posts Page 1 of 1