wifi6 connection issue

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by qiuwn002 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:18 pm
i have been a sonic fiber user for quite a few years for now, and i've always been relying on the company's advice, and that's how I got my 1st generation eero pro 3-piece. To be fair, it was working pretty well, and that's without hesitation I upgraded it to a eero pro 6 3-piece during pre-ordering for $600+. However, while I am reading so many posts about being able to reach 700+ Mbps via iphone, I am standing in front of my gateway eero and only getting 300 Mbps max. Sometimes it might even drop below 100 Mbps.. Please advise what I can do to improve this situation..
by syntaxsid1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:14 pm
Sometimes if any 2 eero nodes are closer than 30 ft from each other, their signals almost cancel each other out causing the signal to become weaker. If you haven't done so already, try separating the eero nodes a little farther apart from each other to see if this helps. You can also try removing one from your network and use 2 as this will have the same effect. All of this depends on how large your house is though.

The other situation that may cause this is if you are running another Wifi router in the same house as your eero. This is common for most of our calls. You'll want to have just the eero network up in any given space. I hope this helps. If you would like to troubleshoot in detail, I recommend calling our support team so we can help identify the issue as well. Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

JM
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1