Service in Oakland

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by kyle.depasquale » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:07 am
They've been sending out monthly updates, and the July one went out just last week - at least for my neighborhood, they're finishing some easement discussions from the city (which they expect to happen quickly) and after those complete, they can start deploying to the neighborhood.
by medina4470 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:19 pm
itsekson wrote:Hi, We are by Piedmont Ave and while I appreciate that many factors can affect the roll outz its been honestly too long. Any update would be appreciated. Thanks.
Also by Piedmont Ave. There has been messenger wire sitting up on the poles on our block for months now. I’ve seen fiber and a splice case by Piedmont Ave Elementary (which makes sense since Sonic is working on getting OUSD schools completed). I’ve also noticed fiber when walking up near Arroyo in Piedmont. Most locations still have messenger wire though which means that fiber still has to be ran, spliced, etc.
by mrmonkeys » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:51 am
Any updates on the Oakland rollout? Wondering when it'll get to lower Dimond area.
by charles2 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:16 pm
The Allendale district just received this update email: As of this month, Sonic's network is 15% active in your area. Our team is performing tests in your neighborhood. Due to this, our projected timeline is moving a little slower than we would have hoped...
by c.aynesworth » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:31 pm
I live near Lake Merritt, behind the Grocery Outlet off Broadway. I have been waiting over a year for Sonic to finish their buildout of fiber for my neighborhood. It seems like they have been stuck for months now. Anyone else have and other updates?
by dkenglish7 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:56 pm
I'm in Oakmore near Leimert and Monterey. I've been hearing that 10GB Sonic fiber is coming to my house any day for over a year and a half. Fortunately AT&T fiber really did come to my house, and I've had a good (if pricey) experience with it.
16 posts Page 2 of 2