If my apartment can only access basic service will I be able to take advantage of Fiber?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by erinpalumbo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:56 pm
The wiring in my apartment building only supports the slowest package currently. I've tried to upgrade to AT&T Fusion IPBB-C but the tech that came out says the wiring just doesn't support it. If/when Sonic Fiber rolls out in my area will I even be able to access it?
by joeyyung911 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:25 pm
There's no correlation with what you're able to get and fiber. Fiber doesn't use the same cables you currently have. If the cables coming into the building are hung up on utility poles and Sonic rolls out fiber, you'll probably get it.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by briancw » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:08 pm
It is correct that issues with AT&T's fiber are not an indicator that you'll be unable to get Sonic's fiber. erinpalumbo, you're on pre-order so we intend to come out there. The AT&T tech was likely to just be stating they didn't have fiber run. We'll be able to get that building wired most likely.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1