russian hill-construction phase?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
26 posts Page 2 of 3
by lllaofiga » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:16 pm
Update

Sonic contractors(Alltel) running fiber cable 6/30/21. Saw them at Jones and Greenwich. Going down Jones towards columbus. Worker said he is running it in pretty much every direction from that box on Jones and Greenwich.

Another step closer we go.
by usulyre » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:55 pm
lllaofiga wrote:Update

Sonic contractors(Alltel) running fiber cable 6/30/21. Saw them at Jones and Greenwich. Going down Jones towards columbus. Worker said he is running it in pretty much every direction from that box on Jones and Greenwich.

Another step closer we go.

Thanks for the update. I wonder how much they have to finish before service starts in Jones/Greenwich area?
by lllaofiga » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:44 pm
I think we will be close(within a month) when I see those wires coiled up outside the box going INTO the box.
by usulyre » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:08 pm
Monthly construction update-21% active of area

Does this mean 21% of the area is live and people can have sonic fiber internet installed and are using it?
by lllaofiga » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 pm
8/2/21, Actual Sonic trucks all over neighborhood. Hooking up fiber to the boxes. Should be doing it all day. Working at Jones and Greenwich but guy said boxes also in several other locations. (Greenwich and Taylor, Fibert, etc)
Guy said after this phase then its testing and then I guess Customer hookups .

Another step closer. Maybe by the end of the month would be nice.
by usulyre » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:17 am
Yesterday some work going on here:
IMG_20210803_125502.jpg
IMG_20210803_125502.jpg (125.88 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
by lllaofiga » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:51 pm
Worker said he should be finished early this week. So 8/9 or 8/10. Then testing, then us. Not sure how long testing will take, but I'm guessing it shouldn't take long.
Will update hopefully on Tuesday or Wed that they have completed that phase of the wiring.
by lllaofiga » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:52 am
They appear to be done at Jones and Greenwich. No more coils of wire outside box and everything is running into the box. Same with box at Greenwich and Taylor. Done as well at Taylor and Chestnut.
Not sure how testing is done or where its done. Not sure if the entire sector has to be done first or whether they are ready to connect now. Not sure how long an actual connection from street to house takes. Not sure if they will connect based on sign up order or do it by block. With that said, I think we are close.
by usulyre » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:42 pm
Just got an email: "Sonic Fiber Internet + Home Phone is now available in your area!"

If you check an address in my area, "Great News
You’re getting the fastest internet in your neighborhood!"
by joemiller » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:48 pm
That's awesome!

Just found this thread. I've been on the pre-order list since early/mid 2020. Near Washington/Taylor. We got excited when we saw the construction signs posted last week all over the neighborhood with Sonic's name as the contractor. Haven't seen a ton of work however other than a brief sighting of a couple Phase3 comm trucks.

Hoping to get the same email as you any day now!
26 posts Page 2 of 3