My nextdoor neighbor got Sonic Fiber, but I'm not eligible?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by elevan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:55 am
My next door neighbor, and several more neighbors down the block, have had Sonic installations over the past month or so. They all connect to the same utility pole where my ATT / Sonic Fusion line comes from.

I haven't been able to get an exact answer about what is preventing me from getting the better, cheaper service provided by Sonic Fiber sans ATT. Speculations from Sonic support include: an overloaded utility pole not having room for one more connection; my nextdoor neighbors being in Berkeley vs me in Oakland, which might mean Sonic has permits for them but not for me.

Sonic support suggested I try asking here because they don't have access to the kinds of details I'm looking for.

-Evan
by briancw » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:25 am
Hi Evan

Let me dig into this for you real fast. Once I get a bit more detail I'll pop back in here to let you know what the skinny is.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by briancw » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi Evan,

That worked out pretty good for us.The descrepancy in the address database has been resolved. The way it appeared we would need to service your address wouldn't have worked. Once they cleared up how they could make this happen they got you put together for Sonic fiber now. Go ahead and give us a ring back here at 855-394-0100 or go to https://members.sonic.net/connections/serviceupdate/#/ and order yourself the upgrade through there.

Hooray direct Sonic fiber. You are in for a real quality of life improvement.
Brian W
Sonic
by elevan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:31 am
Yesssss BRIAN

It took me a few days to remember to check this forum and what a nice surprise! Signed up for fiber direct !
by briancw » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:35 am
Hi elevan,

I am glad that worked out so well for us. You'll love this fiber once it is in.

Happy trails,
Brian W
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1