U-Verse Pace 5268 use on my bonded network

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by kiddreamer » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:55 pm
Hey there,
I recently picked up a used Pace 5268 via eBay to save some money on my monthly bill. The 5268 was previously used for AT&Ts U Verse service and I can’t seem to get my network up and running on it. Really hoping I didn’t waste my money on a unit that won’t work on my service.

Sonics 5268 worked flawlessly, with this unit it’s not even searching for a signal via the two Broadband lights. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there anything I can tweak via the routers login page to get my network up?
by brandonc » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:08 pm
Unfortunately, AT&T programs their hardware to only work on their specific services as well as being programmed for individual lines/circuits, so it probably won't be able to work on our services. I'm pretty sure you are able to get them working, however it takes a lot of work and knowledge and I unfortunately don't know how it's done exactly. If possible, I might see if you're able to return it at all, however eBay can be difficult in that regard.

If you're just trying to save money and return the rental, then your best bet is to look up, "bonded DSL modem", online. I know that ZyXel, D-Link, and I believe TP-Link all have some available, however you do need to set them up/program them for the service before they will work. I would just be sure to hold on to our 5268 until you're sure that the new one is working as intended, in case you run into any problems.
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by kiddreamer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:17 am
Ah I kinda figured as much. Well thank you for the help, I will absolutely look into those other options.
by brandonc » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:19 am
No problem!
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1