I see Sonic fiber from my window, but can't get connected?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by masmazar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:00 pm
Hi Sonic,

I live in San Carlos. I signed up for pre-order 2 years ago. Finally fiber line was put on the poles last December, and I got the email to schedule for installation. Sonic people were nice to let me know service cannot be connected to my house. My guess is, my house is in a small community of 11 homes (at least half of them waiting for Sonic to be available) built in 2018 with utilities underground and Sonic cannot drop a line from the pole to my house. So my pre-order was cancelled.
Having the line passing right next to my house and not being able to use it is really frustrating.
by syntaxsid1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:23 am
Hello,

We apologize for the frustration about this. We are actively building out our Fiber infrastructure but we are currently only able to do so via overhead (telephone poles) etc. In areas where the utilities are underground, you haven't received the proper permissions from the county to dig or micro-trench just yet. Once we are finally able to build there, Our sales team will reach out to you when we're ready to install in that area. Due to the Pandemic, we are unable to provide an accurate time line for this. I hope this information helps. We hope to be there soon. Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by masmazar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 am
Is getting permissions from county something Sonic should do or is it on us?
by masmazar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:23 am
Can anyone from Sonic please clarify this comment from Jeff:
you haven't received the proper permissions from the county to dig or micro-trench just yet.
Does this mean "me the customer" need to get proper permissions from county?
by brandonc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:13 pm
I'm sorry for the delayed response. No, it is not your responsibility to get permission from the county for this, it's something Sonic would handle. However, you could inform your city council about wanting Fiber in your building, but cannot due to the underground wiring and that can help get the ball rolling on Sonic being granted permits to dig/micro-trench there. It's not something you need to do, but it is something that I've seen other customers do in certain areas and it can help speed things along in some cases, especially if multiple people are doing the same.
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1