I Want it in my backyard!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by opusarch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:10 pm
I live in Santa Rosa and Xfinity is a pile of static I want it to be Ex-finity. Sonic you're right here and I'm been baffled for over 15 years why you haven't put fiber in my backyard? The national services are raking me over the coals for mediocre services. You have been claiming to have Fiber but it's everywhere else BUT here. I can't move to the other places.
I found this on NPR about a small town, Wilson, in North Carolina that had to put in their own fiber to make it happen. The legal battle was won. Why can't Santa Rosa do the same? It's ridiculous that Santa Rosa council members can't support their own star company.
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86590811 ... g-internet
Now more than ever I need good service.
Matt
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 am
Hello,

We fully understand your frustration with this. We are actively building out Fiber infrastructure as fast as we can. In recent years it's true we have concentrated on more densely populated areas like San Francisco and most of the Bay area. This is so we can use the revenue from those accounts and build our Fiber out to lesser populated areas. Doing it this way prevents us from having to raise the price of our service. We are in Petaluma/Cotati now so we should be in Rohnert Park and into Santa Rosa soon. After all, Santa Rosa is our home town as well as our headquarters. Once we have this installed in your area, we'll immediately email you so you can switch over ASAP. Thank you for your patience and support in the interim.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by opusarch » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 am
Hi Jeff, thank you for the reply. I had felt like when we went to the moon and fantastic things were going to happen. Then nothing else really took off for 40 years. I hope I can get a chance to see fiber happen. Take care because Sonic is my version of someone local landing on the moon.
3 posts Page 1 of 1