Router settings dd-wrt on Sonic fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by mooseo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm intrigued by the Merlin firmware; it looks like it has some nice features that i do feel like dd-wrt is missing. It would mean buying new hardware, though. Also, I've been using dd-wrt for long enough that I'm at least familiar with the interface. However, I would like better access control; do any of the ASUS projects have a decent phone app that lets you pause individual clients quickly and easily?

Right now I'm dusting off an old Linksys so it can handle the house while I mess around with the firmware on the main router.

It does appear that there's a bug in the way the older dd-wrt firmware handled DHCP renewals... I think I've fixed it with a correct command? Hopefully the upgrade and reset will continue to fix. I'm actually not running any particularly fancy features. Like I say, it's not a speed issue... it's plenty fast between these hiccups.
by js9erfan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 am
That firmware fork I posted the link to previously was developed for Netgear's R7000 (download here and developer instructions here). If you plan to flash it just make sure you follow the correct steps so you don't brick it.

As far as a mobile app it looks like Asus has one but whether it has that feature or even works with the Merlin firmware I have no idea.
by ngufra » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 am
On April first merlin ui looks broken with the right side of the menu bar falling down.
Google it.
It scared me the first time.
by mooseo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 pm
Follow up to this thread, just for completeness. Upgraded to a newer version of dd-wrt (45420). Seems to have solved the problem as far as I can tell.
14 posts Page 2 of 2