Router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by nicolas_martin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:46 am
Hi,

We just sign up with Sonic and was wondering if anyone could suggest a router with wifi for speed up to 1000 mbs that is working with this provider.

Thank you
by dane » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:15 am
Do consider taking the mesh WiFi solution that Sonic offers. The devices run about $5/mo each, and they're supported by Sonic, tested to provide gigabit wire-speed, and the best possible WiFi speed.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bayfiber » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:18 am
dane wrote:
Do consider taking the mesh WiFi solution that Sonic offers. The devices run about $5/mo each, and they're supported by Sonic, tested to provide gigabit wire-speed, and the best possible WiFi speed.

Are you saying that if I choose to use the Eero router by itself, with no extenders, it will cost me $5/mo when I get Sonic Fiber?

I do not like the idea of renting equipment, but for $5 a month, I am more likely to just go ahead and rent.
by dane » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 am
bayfiber wrote:
dane wrote:
Do consider taking the mesh WiFi solution that Sonic offers. The devices run about $5/mo each, and they're supported by Sonic, tested to provide gigabit wire-speed, and the best possible WiFi speed.

Are you saying that if I choose to use the Eero router by itself, with no extenders, it will cost me $5/mo when I get Sonic Fiber?

I do not like the idea of renting equipment, but for $5 a month, I am more likely to just go ahead and rent.


Yes, the Eero is $5/mo for each unit. You can start with just one and see if it provides enough coverage, then add more if desired in the future. You can add them via the Member Tools page, it's totally self-service.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by funktion29 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:13 pm
dane wrote:
bayfiber wrote:
dane wrote:
Do consider taking the mesh WiFi solution that Sonic offers. The devices run about $5/mo each, and they're supported by Sonic, tested to provide gigabit wire-speed, and the best possible WiFi speed.

Are you saying that if I choose to use the Eero router by itself, with no extenders, it will cost me $5/mo when I get Sonic Fiber?

I do not like the idea of renting equipment, but for $5 a month, I am more likely to just go ahead and rent.


Yes, the Eero is $5/mo for each unit. You can start with just one and see if it provides enough coverage, then add more if desired in the future. You can add them via the Member Tools page, it's totally self-service.


Where is this located on the member tools section? Are we able to just rent 1 for $5/mo? Does that still give us the wiring plan?
by dane » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:44 pm
The URL that I remember is http://Sonic.com/betterwifi - but you’ll also find it in the Member Tools site here.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by funktion29 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:52 pm
dane wrote:
The URL that I remember is http://Sonic.com/betterwifi - but you’ll also find it in the Member Tools site here.


Hmm ok. This is what I see, maybe because I’ve not had my install yet?

1CF2D6F4-401B-46F7-B747-AE0727A5F5E3.jpeg
Tools?
1CF2D6F4-401B-46F7-B747-AE0727A5F5E3.jpeg (209.63 KiB) Viewed 92 times
by joeyyung911 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:07 pm
funktion29 wrote:
dane wrote:
The URL that I remember is http://Sonic.com/betterwifi - but you’ll also find it in the Member Tools site here.


Hmm ok. This is what I see, maybe because I’ve not had my install yet?

1CF2D6F4-401B-46F7-B747-AE0727A5F5E3.jpeg


The left-hand side of the page..."Upgrade your WIFI".
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dane » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 pm
funktion29 wrote:
dane wrote:
The URL that I remember is http://Sonic.com/betterwifi - but you’ll also find it in the Member Tools site here.


Hmm ok. This is what I see, maybe because I’ve not had my install yet?

1CF2D6F4-401B-46F7-B747-AE0727A5F5E3.jpeg


Your installer will have all the options for you and can set you up with whatever devices work best for your property.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 999 on Mon May 10, 2021 1:02 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests