Eero 6 Dropping Internet Connection

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by wagrimes » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:16 am
I just upgraded from Eero to Eero 6 last night. Wifi connection is wonderful but for some reason Eero 6 cannot maintain an Internet connection, staying connected for only a few minutes then losing the connection. From looking at the forums here and elsewhere I suspect I'm not the only one. I'm considering downgrading to the old Eero. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm planning on calling support.

Bill Grimes
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:17 am
Hello Bill,

That is very strange since WiFi6 is supposed to be the progression over the standard Wifi signal. When looking at your setup this morning, I can see all is up and the signal strength is looking good across all 3 eero devices. I would recommend calling our support center so they can help you determine what the issue may be or replace a bad eero unit if needed. Sorry for the trouble. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by bayfiber » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 am
Eero 6 (and 6 Pro) users have been reporting issues for some time now and the company is having a heck of a time fixing the bugs. All you can do is wait until Eero patches everything that users report, which is being summarized and tracked here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/ ... ro_issues/
by wagrimes » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:40 am
After replacing everything (ONT, Eero 6 Pro unit, cables - everything but the fiber), I was forced to give up and ask Sonic to send me the original Eero setup. Everything is now great. Sure, I miss the speed but I have yet to learn to avoid "bleeding edge" and "beta" technology.

I was getting greater than gigabit speed directly out of the ONT and even out of the Eero 6 Pro but downloads as low as 38 megabits on wifi, if anything at all. When wifi worked it was great but that was infrequent.

Eero 6 Pro - shipped before ready.
by pkr21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:17 pm
I am missing AT&T. Sonic cut my landline dismantling my security system. The up and down load speeds look good, when I check, but it freezes. They are very friendly, but nothing is changing. So frustrating. I should have known when it took 3 tries to set up the system, there were going to be issues. I got sucked in because everyone was so nice.
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:31 pm
Hello,

We're sorry about the trouble getting your service installed. Security alarms/systems are typically not discussed when getting an upgrade to internet service. It is true that most security companies utilize the POTS copper based phone wires to monitor the system but there are other ways that security companies can do this as well. Most of our customers on our Fiber product had their security companies change their system from the POTS to a cellular or wireless system that works perfectly fine with our Fiber service. Unless this is brought up upon installation, we would not know this in advance. If you haven't done so already, I recommend calling your security company and discuss what other options would be available to you other than the copper based monitoring system. Doing this may be cheaper than having a 3rd party company install a whole other line that you would then have to pay for in addition to the service we are already providing for you. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1