Anyone get NetGear Wifi Extender EX6400 to work with Pace router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by bmfamily » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:29 pm
I set extender up to have the same network name everywhere which is supposed to force a switch of network automatically when one moves out of range.

Sometimes I get an error that an IP address is already in use and a device can't connect. Also my security camera appears to lose internet access quite often.

Any suggestions? I have the 2X line over AT&T. There is no fiber in Menlo Park yet.

Thanks.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 am
Hello,

I would suggest calling our support team so they can assist with this. For a more streamlined/easier setup, I recommend using our eero mesh network that we rent out here. It's FULLY supported and the coverage has been unmatched so far. Plus if anything goes wrong with that equipment, we'll replace it as part of the service.

For the devices that have the same IP address, you can try and leave the one with the duplicate IP address off or removed from the network for a while so when it reconnects after some time it will be assigned a new IP address. You can also go into the wireless settings on either device and under your WiFi settings click on your Sonic network and choose the option to "forget this network". This will also essentially clear the memory of that network and assign that device with a new unique IP address when you connect it again. I hope this information helps. Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1