How soon from time they run the fiber on the street to being able to order?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by lasevich » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:23 am
So.... I take back every bad thing I ever said about Sonic (Ok, so I did not actually say any bad things, in fact I've been a customer since 97 and people look funny at me when I recommend Sonic but say I still have DSL service ... but I am excited now - been waiting for years) - Just saw some guys with a cherrypicker on my block (my side of the block too) doing something on a pole - asked them, and sure enough, they are running Sonic fiber. But it seems the website still trying to offer me AT&T service - which, having dealt with AT&T before, is a hard no for me (even if Sonic deals with them). Anyway - the question is - what is the typical timeframe from the fiber being run, to when we will be able for (pre)order?

Thank you...
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:42 am
Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about this. Unfortunately we are not told when a specific location is wired up for our Fiber until our construction crews are finished building that out. Once we have it available for you there, we'll immediately email you to let you know it's there so you can make the switch. There are many reasons that there are delays ie: unsafe telephone poles in your area, hold ups in the permitting office for your region etc. Once all of that is resolved, we can finalize the build out in your area. I'm sorry we're not able to provide a definitive answer but I hope this helps provide a better understanding of the process.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by dane » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:42 am
The only really valid answer is, “it varies”. Building these networks is a long and complex process with many dependencies. But we are making solid progress, building more and more faster and faster. And that’s driven by the word spreading about Sonic fiber, so please keep sharing with people you know, that’s key to expansion.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lasevich » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 am
dane wrote:The only really valid answer is, “it varies”. Building these networks is a long and complex process with many dependencies. But we are making solid progress, building more and more faster and faster. And that’s driven by the word spreading about Sonic fiber, so please keep sharing with people you know, that’s key to expansion.
I can live with that. A few hours ago I was feeling like it will never happen. Now it is in the realm of possibility and likely soonish - so I can wait a bit longer :-)
4 posts Page 1 of 1