Sonic fiber available but cannot upgrade my service.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by johntran2622 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:19 pm
Sonic Fiber internet is available in my area and I can add it to cart but I cannot upgrade the service from the member tools page. It says" We're sorry, no additional services were found at this location".

I am current using Sonic FX2 and want to upgrade. I called Sonic support and the tech couldn't even get the upgrade option to appear. Any idea why?
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:35 am
Hello,

I believe I know what's going on here. Looks like you're on a service type that AT&T no longer offers so when you look at your customer portal for an existing "upgrade" you don't see one because in AT&T's system you don't have the basic service yet (the FTTH 1,000Mbps offered there now). We can absolutely get you on the 1Gbps service, but this would require us to order the service for the higher speed and once that is installed, cancel your X2 service after that it done. I'm actually the one that just spoke with you over the phone so I will get this going as fast as possible for you. Look for updates regarding the upgrade on your email address on file. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by dane » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:47 am
Jeff, no, we wouldn’t be able to do that.

If this is IPBB to IPBB - and not Sonic fiber - then whatever the upgrade tool offers is what we can provide.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by klui » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:45 am
The reason was discussed at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16641

If you really need to upgrade, your only choice is to disconnect and reapply. That means downtime of ~30 days.
4 posts Page 1 of 1