I have x2 but only getting 28Mbps

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by carsort » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:55 am
Nov 15 update - here's the email I'm sending to Sonic support:

The ATT technician (Bill, he said you’re welcome to call him to get the details) was just here - Sunday 11/15 at 11:45.

He said I need a ‘change of transport to bonded pair’ in order to get up to the speed of close to 50MB that I’m paying for but not getting. This should have been installed in 2018 when I started the fiber service, but it wasn’t.

However, the order that Bill was given by Sonic did not ask for this and so he was unable to do it.

My neighbors on both sides have X2 service using a bonded pair and get close to 50MB, but I only have single wire and 28MBps.

Please place an order with ATT asking for ‘change of transport to bonded pair’ so that I can get the service that I have been paying for.

Suzanne

************************************************************************************************************************

I now have 28Mbps but was previously getting closer to 50Mbps. My neighbor who just started x2 has 44Mbps. I was also told by Sonic that I should be getting about 45 Mbps.

Nov 5: Internet went out - red light on router.

Nov 7: ATT comes - says that I have two wires and removes one. Internet now works, but at half speed. I continue discussion by email, eventually talk to Sonic on the phone and am told that I should have two wires and ATT made a mistake.

Nov 10: ATT comes and replaces router, has no instructions about replacing second wire. Speed still at 28Mbps but now I have to reset every device in my house and all users have to change wifi settings info for nothing.

Since Nov 10: No response to my emails on the same ticket from Sonic. Why? I'm paying for x2 service and should be getting it. Will open new ticket.

Note that it's impossible to call Sonic - message says that they are too busy and can't talk to you.

Suzanne
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:11 am
Hello Suzanne,

We apologize for this horrible experience. You are indeed on X2 service and this is for 50Mbps service over bonded pair. AT&T definitely made a mistake since you were previously getting 45-50Mbps before 11/7. When the next tech came out and said you needed to upgrade to X2 in so many words, he should have had documentation on your service that shows that you were already on this and this shouldn't have been an issue. This sounds like lazy work done by the AT&T tech since all that tech had to do was call his order manager and they would have confirmed that you were already on this and that you had 50Mbps service before. Looks like we already have a ticket open with AT&T to get another tech out there and this tech should have the proper information so there is no confusion. I'll keep an eye on this for you and keep you informed if there are any updates regarding this. We apologize for AT&T's mistake and we hope they will be able to rectify this for you quickly. For the delays in our email responses, we apologize for this as well. Due to the Pandemic and more recently the California Wildfires, our support center has been receiving overwhelming call volume so we have not been able to get to our email responses as quickly as we would like. If the matter is urgent or needs immediate attention, please call our support center or go online to our website and schedule a callback so we call you so you're not waiting on hold (https://www.sonic.com/support_cba_request). There is also less call volume early in the morning and later in the evening as well (after 8pm). We are open until 10pm 7 days a week. I hope this information helps. Again, I'll keep an eye on this next tech dispatch to ensure they correct the issue. Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1