Silly question...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by roo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 am
I have a simple (at least for techies like you) question.
I've bought a domain name at Go*****.com. I've had issues with uploading files, hosting, and email at that provider.
I've been a longtime customer here with Sonic.net and like their email/service/support. I'd like to take my domain name, point it to the hosts at Sonic.net, and have it host the website here. Can I have the domain name point to a website here, instead of Go*****.com? Can I host more than one website on my account?

If I can do this, please let me know how, so I can build my site here. It's not going to be a large site that takes up tons of space and bandwidth, probably take around 1MB of disk space and get a few dozen visits per month.
by joemuller » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm
Sure you can do that! Here's some pointers to get you started:

1.) Log in to our Member Tools (https://members.sonic.net/) and navigate through the menu to Web Sites / Domain Names -> Hosting -> Add Hosting.

2.) Choose an option that you'd like - based upon your needs, Value Hosting would be a good place to start. (You can always upgrade later if necessary.)

3.) Once you've set up Value Hosting, point the main DNS 'A' record (and the one for www if applicable) to parked.sonic.net (currently at 209.204.175.65).

That's all there is to it - if you experience any problems, feel free to either email or call our folks in support.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by roo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:36 pm
Thanks so much for the information! I appreciate the assistance.
by dane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:39 pm
You should move the registration here too!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1