How to diagnose intermittent problems on Fusion IPBB (U-verse)?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by wwwong » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:31 pm
Is there a way to diagnose intermittent Broadband light going red to flashing green problems? This has been going on for two weeks, I've called into Support, but since it is intermittent, nobody can seem to solve it. As of tonight, it has happened a dozen times and it is just me on the line (and the rest of the home devices). I'm not doing anything but watching Twitch. Other times, it happens during work Zoom meetings or Teams. But then other days, the Broadband light will stay solid for days.

I'm on Fusion IPBB (resold U-verse). I've run the BGW210 RG diagnostics and it's all fine. Anybody have any insight? This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!
by syntaxsid1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:39 am
Hello,

We're sorry you're having trouble with the service. Typically when the broadband light is intermittent red/green or sometimes just solid red, this usually means it's either a bad data cable going from the modem to the wall jack (Check that cable for any issues like frayed, kinked or other damage on that cable). If that cable looks good the broadband light is the indicator that there is trouble with the signal getting to the modem. If everything local there looks good, this may be an intermittent connection issue outside of your house. We would absolutely need to dispatch a technician for this to have them check the line physically to see if there are any faults on the line causing signal transmission issues. I recommend calling our support center and explaining that this issue is intermittent and be sure to explain that your broadband light does go out intermittently. This would tell our tech this is a physical problem and get a tech out there to look over the line and make any repairs for you. Our call center is open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm. We look forward to resolving this problem for you ASAP. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Jeff.M

Technical Support number: 707-547-3400
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1