Sync no Surf in San Francisco, Fusion X2

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by parker_day » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:37 pm
Anyone else having issues? For the last 30 minutes our X2 service is synced but no data is going through. Tried rebooting our networking equipment, but no dice. I'm watching the debate and switched over to hotspoting from my phone for now. Texted customer service but they've not responded yet.
by parker_day » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 pm
Service restored itself without any intervention on my end after 47 minutes. Sonic support via SMS said there were no know issues, so who knows what was up.
by brandonc » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 am
I apologize for the delayed reply, but I am glad to hear that things resolved themselves on the own fairly quickly.

I did some digging on our end and I believe the drop out could have been caused by a major upload/back-up taking place. When I look at the data graph for October 22nd, I see a huge spike of upload bandwidth usage that nearly exceeds your total available upload bandwidth, which could have caused high latency/no surf issues like you were experiencing.

Other than that, everything else looks solid and passes diagnostic tests, so if you continue experiencing drop-outs, then we will want to start investigating if uploads are correlated to the drops or if it might be due to your router experiencing routing errors occasionally.

Hopefully it was just a rare one-off hiccup, but please let me know if it's a reoccurring problem.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1