What's the strategy for improving speeds where AT&T used to provide DSL?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
11 posts Page 2 of 2
by danzcool » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:23 pm
AT&T was here today, the tech mentioned that each line was on separate cables, he was making the change and said he had more to do at the CO.
I previously ran a fresh CAT6 from the bell box to the router location and since AT&T's cable from the street was blu/org pairs I connected like to like and punched down to an rj45 jack in EIA/TIA 568a standard (with orange pair surrounding the blue pair), so I should be good on the connection, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that many years ago when AT&T had another issue they found that one of the 2 sets of binding posts was leaking between pair and they just connected it to the other set... so...

as it stands right now, the second dsl is still slow flash, I talked with Chris in tech support to let him know, he didn't have a status update from AT&T for today's work and they definitely did not get a call for testing. Hoping it's close.
11 posts Page 2 of 2