Native IPv6 after recent Fiber maintenance?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by julianoster » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm
Hello,

Just reading tea leaves here: With yesterday's apparent conclusion of rolling maintenance for Fiber equipment (which went well for me, reconnected fine after a few minutes), did that also include some changes that offer a chance of having native IPv6 instead of tunneling somewhat soon?
by tigertech » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:54 pm
Fellow 6rd tunnel user here; I hope it's soon. And I'll again mention that I'd be glad to beta test any native IPv6 service and provide enthusiastic feedback.
by dane » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 pm
It's getting a lot closer to completion.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by julianoster » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Thank you for the reply, dane. I take that as "further nagging won't improve the project's schedule anymore". ;)
by dane » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 pm
julianoster wrote:Thank you for the reply, dane. I take that as "further nagging won't improve the project's schedule anymore". ;)
No, in fact, I'm afraid to even bring it up with the team myself! LOL.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chrisballinger » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:06 am
I am also looking forward to native IPv6! Will there be an announcement somewhere when it's ready to go live?
by dane » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:08 am
chrisballinger wrote:I am also looking forward to native IPv6! Will there be an announcement somewhere when it's ready to go live?
Yes, we’d put something like that in the MOTD.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by julianoster » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:28 pm
I have recently noticed a periodic router solicitation on my WAN interface that I don't think was there before, but the advertised IP does not respond to anything, neither to packets to forward nor to DHCP6 (a bit in the header indicates that that's an option), not even to pinging it.

I just consider that as another sign of things to come, though since we'll receive a proper announcement once it actually works, I will just wait and continue using my 6rd tunnel.
8 posts Page 1 of 1