Fiber in El Cerrito?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by linberl » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm
I'm thinking of moving to El Cerrito and I don't think Sonic is offering gigabit fiber there. Are there plans to expand into el cerrito in the near future? I love my Sonic and it just might be enough to keep me from considering the move, lol. So what are the expansion plans?
by dane » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm
linberl wrote:I'm thinking of moving to El Cerrito and I don't think Sonic is offering gigabit fiber there. Are there plans to expand into el cerrito in the near future? I love my Sonic and it just might be enough to keep me from considering the move, lol. So what are the expansion plans?
The short answer is not in the near future. But please stick with us, even if it's an off net or copper product!

The longer answer is that we have expansion plans for "everywhere", and that we're doing a lot of work around the East Bay right now, as well as the peninsula. We have done really well with uptake in Albany, Kensington and Berkeley, and El Cerrito and Richmond would be logical expansions.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by christianvuerings » Sun May 23, 2021 5:50 am
dane wrote:
linberl wrote:I'm thinking of moving to El Cerrito and I don't think Sonic is offering gigabit fiber there. Are there plans to expand into el cerrito in the near future? I love my Sonic and it just might be enough to keep me from considering the move, lol. So what are the expansion plans?
The short answer is not in the near future. But please stick with us, even if it's an off net or copper product!

The longer answer is that we have expansion plans for "everywhere", and that we're doing a lot of work around the East Bay right now, as well as the peninsula. We have done really well with uptake in Albany, Kensington and Berkeley, and El Cerrito and Richmond would be logical expansions.
I am in the same position as linberl and would love Sonic coverage in El Cerrito.

Dane, would you be able to be a bit more specific with time frames? When you say near future, do you mean 1-5 years or a shorter or longer period of time?
3 posts Page 1 of 1