Resold AT&T IPBB - Internet 100 Tier?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rapp81 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:28 pm
Prior to switching to Sonic a couple years ago, I was with AT&T for over a decade; I switched because AT&T no longer offered me a decent retention rate.

When I was with AT&T, I was on their IPBB Internet 100 tier for a couple of years. With Sonic, the top tier offered to me is Internet 75. I've called once to ask if there was any way Sonic could bump me up to the 100 tier, as my line has been able to accommodate the tier before, but was told at the time it wasn't possible.

Just wanted to check in to see if there's any change on this. It would be nice to get bumped up to the top tier AT&T is able to directly offer to my address; what I'm really wanting more than anything is the substantial bump up U/L rate (75/8 vs. 100/20) :)
by dane » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm
The short answer is, "it's complicated". AT&T has limitations on which upgrades can be completed based upon both the technology deployed and also the contract your circuit with Sonic is under.

Best bet would be to contact Sonic's team and inquire. They can run it down with the subject matter experts here and determine what is possible.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rapp81 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am
Thanks, Dane. Your insight on this has been the most detailed than what I’ve been given in the past. I appreciate it!
3 posts Page 1 of 1