Disable Firewall rules in AT&T Gateway

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by stantonb510 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:58 pm
I'm wondering how any firewall/NAT rules can be disabled in the provided internet gateway so that only the firewall/NAT configurations on my router are in effect. I don't want to constantly have to configure these settings in separate places.
by stantonb510 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 pm
After some poking around, I was able to find the answer. These steps basically put the Gateway into "bridge" mode or basically make the gateway act as a regular modem and not a WiFi gateway.
Configuration steps to perform on the BGW210-700:

1. Login to the BGW210-700's web-based configuration interface in your web browser using the link: https://192.168.1.254

2. Go to the "Home Network" tab -> "Wi-Fi" tab

3. Set Home SSID Enable to "Off"

4. Set Guest SSID Enable to "Off"

5. Set 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi operation to "Off"

6. Set 5 GHz Wi-Fi operation to "Off"

7. Go to the "Firewall" -> "Packet Filter" tab. Click on the "Disable Packet Filters" button.

8. Go to the "Firewall" -> "IP Passthrough" tab. Select "Passthrough" in the "Allocation Mode" option

9. Do not enter anything for the "Default Server Internal Address". Leave this field blank

10. In the "Passthrough Mode" selection choose "DHCPS-Fixed".

11. Type in the LAN MAC address for your personal router under "Manual Entry". The MAC address should be in traditional hexadecimal format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx where x's should be values from 0-9 or letters a-f, separated by colons.

12. The Passgthrough DHCP Lease value defaults to 10 minutes. You cannot change this.

13. Click "Save" at the bottom. Go back and check to make sure that the changes were implemented. If not, do it again.

14. Click on the "Device" tab and select "Restart Device". It will take a couple of minutes.
by tony.b » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am
Hi there Stan,
I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for posting this amazingly detailed information and walkthrough on how to disable the firewall rules in the At&t gateway's. It is amazing that we have customers like you that go above and beyond to help our comunity and the others that might be having the same issues, or come across this issue in the future.
Thank you again for the time and effort you put into this post, we all truly appreciate it.
Tony Sonic Supervisor
by michaelsanders » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:49 am
The Passthrough DHCP Lease value defaults to 10 minutes. You cannot change this.
Not sure if this changed since the time of the post, but it is possible to change this now. I'd recommend increasing it to 1 day. Also, after setting up IP Passthrough make sure to confirm that your primary router is getting an upstream IP through DHCP (i.e. not in the 192.168.1.1/24 range). If it's not, confirm that the MAC address is correct from the Device > Device List page on the BGW.
4 posts Page 1 of 1