Page 2 of 4

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:54 am
by travlos
Jeff - Just to clarify, the upgrade you mention is a copper line upgrade to fiber, correct? If we already have ATT fiber from the pole, there is no direct upgrade path, also correct?

At the moment, our account does not show an available upgrade to gigabit from our current ~50Mbit service. If I check availability for new service though our address does show 1000Mbps at $49.99/month.

So, as Dane said, there's no direct upgrade path for us, short of disconnecting service and waiting a month or more for new gigabit service, correct?

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:12 pm
by mquiazon
I just realized I missed that the OP already has the resold AT&T FTTH product, but at 100 Mbps. For those of us on Fusion Broadband X2 (which if I understand correctly is VDSL+ served from an upstream FTTN node) does this mean that we could order the AT&T IPBB-F product with minimal downtime?

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:16 pm
by spencerw
travlos wrote:
Jeff - Just to clarify, the upgrade you mention is a copper line upgrade to fiber, correct? If we already have ATT fiber from the pole, there is no direct upgrade path, also correct?

At the moment, our account does not show an available upgrade to gigabit from our current ~50Mbit service. If I check availability for new service though our address does show 1000Mbps at $49.99/month.

So, as Dane said, there's no direct upgrade path for us, short of disconnecting service and waiting a month or more for new gigabit service, correct?


You are correct. There is currently no direct upgrade path for the service you are using now. We would have to cancel your current service, then order the Fiber service which could take a month or more to be installed.

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:26 pm
by spencerw
mquiazon wrote:
I just realized I missed that the OP already has the resold AT&T FTTH product, but at 100 Mbps. For those of us on Fusion Broadband X2 (which if I understand correctly is VDSL+ served from an upstream FTTN node) does this mean that we could order the AT&T IPBB-F product with minimal downtime?


We recommend checking your member tools to see if any service upgrades are available. If you are able to place an upgrade order for IPBB-F, then a direct upgrade path should be possible and can be completed with minimal downtime. After reviewing your account, it appears a direct upgrade to IPBB-F is possible with your current service.

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:48 pm
by pbuonado2
@sonic,

Is there any update to this situation? Or is a hard-disconnect still required to take advantage of the pricing change

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 pm
by spencerw
There have not been any changes made to the upgrade path for these customers, disconnecting and reordering of services is still required. We do not expect this process to change for the foreseeable future.

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:38 pm
by multilingual
It appears I too don't have the option to upgrade from my $70/month Fusion X2 service to the cheaper yet faster $60/month gigabit service. I too would like to be notified when the upgrade path is available at my location.

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:48 am
by blumberg
I don't know how the sonic resold ATT fiber program remains viable


The value over ATT direct was no data cap for basically the same price.

Now ATT has no data cap and HBO is included for a lower cost than Sonic. They also don't force the worthless landline for $10 a month :(

I don't understand why anyone would keep it now unless price drops quite a bit...

I'm cancelling on day 365(in a couple weeks) unless someone can explain why I should stay....

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:38 am
by jygagaring
blumberg wrote:
I don't know how the sonic resold ATT fiber program remains viable


The value over ATT direct was no data cap for basically the same price.

Now ATT has no data cap and HBO is included for a lower cost than Sonic. They also don't force the worthless landline for $10 a month :(

I don't understand why anyone would keep it now unless price drops quite a bit...

I'm cancelling on day 365(in a couple weeks) unless someone can explain why I should stay....


The only things I see are after a year the ATT prices jumps up to $80 and you have to pay the install fee of $99. Other than that it is a little cheaper than Sonic.

When we signed up late last year ATT was still more expensive than Sonic but now it looks like the tables have turned. I would rather support a local company but Sonic really needs to look at how things are going and restructure their pricing and get more lines in the Bay Area so that we can all stay loyal. I mean seriously, how does the North Bay not have Sonic fiber available everywhere? I live in Santa Rosa and have a resold ATT line and a couple of weeks after we joined Sonic the price of fiber dropped but was told we would have to disconnect and resign up to get current pricing. Which would take 3 weeks to do. That wasn't happening with my daughter needing internet for her school. When I was with Xfinity they would change pricing for me when we called, no need to wait. Cmon Sonic you need to step up.

Re: Change in pricing for resold AT&T fiber/Fusion IPBB?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:57 am
by chirano
jygagaring wrote:
When I was with Xfinity they would change pricing for me when we called, no need to wait. Cmon Sonic you need to step up.


It was explained earlier in this thread (or perhaps another one), this complication is a result of dealing with AT&T. That said, Sonic, I think, shot themselves in the foot agreeing to those terms. Resold AT&T is already not price competitive compared to cable internet in many areas, and now older customers pay more for the same service than newer customers do. I know it wasn't Sonic's intent, but it does feel like a slap in the face to the customers who have been loyal to Sonic over the years.

And from a customer's viewpoint, I don't really care about Sonic's agreement with AT&T. What I know is I'm paying more than others for the exact same service. So I've canceled my service with Sonic and am switching to cable for now. Once the promo rate nears the end or if AT&T ever gets around to bringing fiber service here, I may come back, but who knows.