Fiber installed only 6 days..ONT has had to be reset twice already

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by vincentpetersen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm
I had fiber installed on September 10th and it has been fine up until the last couple days where the ONT loses connection and all clients go offline. The ONT is connected to a Unifi USG Pro4 gateway and I was notified that it had lost its connection to the internet via the ONT. Checked ONT and found all lights on and green but still no connection. Connected directly to ONT and and found no connection to the internet. Once ONT was reset internet connectivity resumed. This has happened twice already. Is this something I'm going to have to worry about? Do I need a new ONT?
by ulanmcknight » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:02 pm
I have been having a similar issue where our internet will work fine with download speeds in the 100s of Mbps and then it will suddenly drop. When on a voice call over internet I can sometimes hear what is being said for a while but cant respond. The admin panel logs seem to suggest that this is the result of a DDoS but I cannot be sure they are correlated and that isn't random static
by kgc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:58 pm
You should definitely talk to support and they'll likely dispatch a tech for repair. There's no reason an ONT should need to be rebooted on a regular basis and certainly not that frequently under any circumstances.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by vincentpetersen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm
I see there has been scheduled fiber maintenance in my neighborhood the last 2 days. This could be related.
4 posts Page 1 of 1