X1 to X2 Upgrade. 2 fairly technical questions need answering before I upgrade, can you help?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
50 posts Page 5 of 5
by amayfield » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:08 pm
Okay I've made the adjustments. Let me know if that improves things for you!
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by mikeapbiz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:19 pm
amayfield wrote:I'm sorry for the misinformation regarding the Pace 5268 and bonding - if you remember who told you that bonding a Pace 5268 on your service type was possible I will get this feedback over to their supervisor so we can avoid this kind of situation in the future.
Andrew. This one, I have a feeling, will be hard to do. In this thread, 8/31 at 910am, the Boss (Dane) said that in that post...."full bridge mode."
Rather than calling Dane's supervisor ;) perhaps you can tell him that Sonic needs to either fix the firmware on the Pace to offer a TRUE AND FULL bridge mode (which the modem has the capability of having with the right firmware designed by the provider) OR just tell Sonic to bite the bullet and rent the Zyxel VMG 4005 b-50b to customers. It's a great modem, you can pick them up on the cheap, make crazy margin renting them to me, and put together a simple firmware to make them Sonic OEM branded.
Half this forum is people talking about BYOD vs Rental pain. Please, just offer that bonded modem and I'd rent it in a heartbeat.
by mikeapbiz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:57 pm
amayfield wrote:Okay I've made the adjustments. Let me know if that improves things for you!
Andrew, I'm at 25 down over 3.2 up (tested on a wired connection multiple times). Do those real work speeds look right given the sync rate of 31.4 down and 4.1 up?
by amayfield » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Yeah that's right around where I'd expect you to be. There is a bit of overhead due to the way the packets are encoded for ADSL2+ service which accounts for the disparity between sync rate and bandwidth.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by mikeapbiz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:13 pm
amayfield wrote:Yeah that's right around where I'd expect you to be. There is a bit of overhead due to the way the packets are encoded for ADSL2+ service which accounts for the disparity between sync rate and bandwidth.
Andrew, my modem shows this line, anything to worry about?
Uncanceled Echo: 2.1 dB Suspicious - check phone filters and alarm
by amayfield » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:29 pm
That is something to keep an eye on. The attenuation and SNR (signal to noise ratio) on your lines look good right now so I don't think the uncanceled echo warning is affecting the service. But if you have connectivity issues we'll definitely want to troubleshoot a bit to see if the uncanceled echo is causing trouble.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by mikeapbiz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 pm
amayfield wrote:That is something to keep an eye on. The attenuation and SNR (signal to noise ratio) on your lines look good right now so I don't think the uncanceled echo warning is affecting the service. But if you have connectivity issues we'll definitely want to troubleshoot a bit to see if the uncanceled echo is causing trouble.
Would that be a fix via the onsite tech checking the terminations? Or a software fix from your end?
by amayfield » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 am
Typically we'd troubleshoot with you on the phone to confirm, to the best of our ability, what is causing the issue and then go from there. And if it's determined that noise on the line is the culprit that can be caused by a lot of things, it could be a fault on the line somewhere or a faulty filter or electromagnetic interference caused by a device, etc. We'd try to isolate what was actually causing the noise and depending on what it is the resolution may be to replace a bit of equipment, relocate a device, or a dispatch to address a wiring fault.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by mikeapbiz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm
amayfield wrote:Typically we'd troubleshoot with you on the phone to confirm, to the best of our ability, what is causing the issue and then go from there. And if it's determined that noise on the line is the culprit that can be caused by a lot of things, it could be a fault on the line somewhere or a faulty filter or electromagnetic interference caused by a device, etc. We'd try to isolate what was actually causing the noise and depending on what it is the resolution may be to replace a bit of equipment, relocate a device, or a dispatch to address a wiring fault.
Andrew, is there a way to discuss my upload with you? I hate to do it on the forum since it would be a bunch of back and forth and only relate to me so maybe it would bore everyone. I emailed you via the PM on this message board but it was deleted from my sent messages after a couple days. And I could still do it on this thread if you recommend. Thoughts on how to best connect?
by amayfield » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:35 pm
I'll arrange for someone to give you a call to chat about your service and help get it squared away, working as you'd like it to be working.
Andrew M.
Sonic
50 posts Page 5 of 5