Fiber deployments

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by guischneider » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm
I'm waiting in Devonshire Canyon, San Carlos. What kind of encouragement does my City leadership need, specifically? I'd be happy to weigh in.
Also waiting and pre-ordered in Devonshire Canyon. Dane, any rough estimates of availability by any chance?
by mastrangelo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:57 pm
Also waiting on San Carlos.

I'm told that the electrical poles co-owned by AT&T and PG&E may be too overloaded to handle adding Sonic. The City is willing to let Sonic use temporary polls if AT&T/PG&E agree to change the polls after a reasonable period (example 2 years). PG&E say that Sonic and AT&T need to make an agreement. I haven't got ahold of anyone from Sonic or PG&E to get an update on their agreements. I hope this is cleared up soon. I'm getting AT&T Fiber installed today as I wait. Tired of slow xfinity.
by dehnert » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:04 pm
I'm still waiting in Rohnert Park, not too far from Sonic HQ.

My son has seen a number of heavy Sonic trucks in our area of town. I'm hopeful that this means we may be getting closer to fiber. :D ?

Unfortunately, most of my neighbors seem to be luddites and can't seem to comprehend the privacy implications, or all the other benefits of switching to Sonic.
13 posts Page 2 of 2