Upgrading to Fusion IP Broadband X2

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by thomas_eng » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:00 pm
Hi, I had some questions about upgrading to Fusion IP Broadband X2, I currently have Fusion IP Broadband and wanted to upgrade to X2 to get the higher speeds, unfortunately fiber is not available in my area.

1. Will I be able to get the 1 year $59.99 promotion price or is that limited to new customers?

2. Will the upgrade incur any outage of more than a few minutes? My household has multiple people working from home, remote classes, where any outage more than a few minutes would be a problem.

3. I assume to upgrade I logon my account and go through the internet connections -> upgrade/downgrade service route? When I do that it shows the $70 price, which is why I ask the first question.

4. How long does it take from the upgrade request to when it happens?

Thanks!
by jerrielm » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm
thomas_eng wrote:Hi, I had some questions about upgrading to Fusion IP Broadband X2, I currently have Fusion IP Broadband and wanted to upgrade to X2 to get the higher speeds, unfortunately fiber is not available in my area.

1. Will I be able to get the 1 year $59.99 promotion price or is that limited to new customers?

2. Will the upgrade incur any outage of more than a few minutes? My household has multiple people working from home, remote classes, where any outage more than a few minutes would be a problem.

3. I assume to upgrade I logon my account and go through the internet connections -> upgrade/downgrade service route? When I do that it shows the $70 price, which is why I ask the first question.

4. How long does it take from the upgrade request to when it happens?

Thanks!
Hello!

1) You will not be able to use the new customer discount and the service will start out at the base price with contract.
2) Yes you can expect downtime during the duration of your installation
3)Yes that would be the correct way to upgrade your services.
4)This is about a 2-3 week turnaround time with a 4 hour installation window.

I hope these answer your questions!

Best Wishes!
by whurwitz » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:19 pm
Are there any additional "hidden" charges or is it just a straight +$20 from Fusion Broadband X1?
by thomas_eng » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am
My experience with upgrading to Fusion X2 has been disastrous. AT&T tech showed up a couple days ago, I told them I had a working X1 line and to not disconnect it. They said second line had errors, sent another line person out to investigate, and unbeknownst to me disabled my X1 line. Now I've been without broadband for two days, Sonic ticket open, but no one can get to AT&T. No estimate for fixing the problem, and with multiple folks working from home and in school, I shot myself in the foot thinking I was being proactive by upgrading to X2.
by jerrielm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm
thomas_eng wrote:My experience with upgrading to Fusion X2 has been disastrous. AT&T tech showed up a couple days ago, I told them I had a working X1 line and to not disconnect it. They said second line had errors, sent another line person out to investigate, and unbeknownst to me disabled my X1 line. Now I've been without broadband for two days, Sonic ticket open, but no one can get to AT&T. No estimate for fixing the problem, and with multiple folks working from home and in school, I shot myself in the foot thinking I was being proactive by upgrading to X2.

Sorry to hear about the downtime. With the upgrade to X2 there can be downtime but if you can send me your address via a DM I can take a look at what is happening and see what I can do on my end.

Best Wishes!
by jerrielm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 pm
whurwitz wrote:Are there any additional "hidden" charges or is it just a straight +$20 from Fusion Broadband X1?
+ the router upgrade which goes from 6.50 to 9.50
by thomas_eng » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:26 pm
@jerrielm I had a followup appointment from AT&T today (8/10/2020 1-5pm) but they never showed up. I'd appreciate any information you could give me to resolving this problem. It's getting quite urgent as AT&T knocked out my service 6 days ago. I PM'd you my service address, thanks.

UPDATE: tech showed up 5:30pm and got everything working now.
7 posts Page 1 of 1