Expansion of Fusion to Scotts Valley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by garyv » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:00 pm
I'm a long time Sonic customer. (~12 years) and we recently moved from Santa Cruz to Scotts Valley.

I held out for a long time with Sonic waiting for Fusion in Santa Cruz even when all my friends had switched to cable and were getting much much faster speeds. When Fusion came to Santa Cruz I was very pleased.
In my Santa Cruz location we were ~ 10k feet from the CO so we did not get blazing speeds. (~5.5Mb/s), but it was good enough.

In my new location in Scotts Valley I'm at around 7K from the CO, but the best service we can get is the 3Mb/s down.
Speed tests show that we get ~2.4 Mb/s

Unfortunately in this age of streaming content, this does not cut it.
I frequently work from home and a simple sync from something like Dropbox after someone takes some pictures crushes our poor little line. If my son watches something on the Roku while I'm trying to work... not so good. Then if the wife wants to watch stream something else too... well fuhgetaboutit!
2.4Mb/s is not good for the domestic tranquility.

My questions are:
1. Will Fusion be expanding in the near future to include Scotts Valley?
2. If not, Is there anything else I can do to in crease the bandwidth offered to my location?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make me got to the darkside!(cable)
I love sonic, but I need more bits/second.

Thanks,
Gary
by dane » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm
Yes, we plan to expand to serve Scott's Valley. 3-6 months.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by garyv » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Great! <happy dance>
So what are my chances of getting Fusion if I'm 7K away from CO? Currently for some reason I'm not eligible for even the Pro level of speed (up to 6Mb/s).
by dane » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm
garyv wrote:Great! <happy dance>
So what are my chances of getting Fusion if I'm 7K away from CO? Currently for some reason I'm not eligible for even the Pro level of speed (up to 6Mb/s).
Should be fine, as long as there is no RT.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by garyv » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 pm
Just checking in on how expanding to Scotts Valley is going?

Patiently waiting...
by dane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:17 pm
It's under construction. Should be live soon!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1