fiber in my neighborhood

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by zydesign » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 pm
What can I do to get sonic fiber in my neighborhood? I'm on States St in SF and I know there are other neighbors who also want the service. We've been waiting for a very long time and I know there is service very close to me
thanks
Suzy
by brandonc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:07 pm
Hey Suzy,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure as to when we will eventually build out Fiber on this street. There are a lot of restrictions in place in SF in regards to how many lines can be on each pole and not allowing any micro-trenching/digs. This means that if your houses wiring is underground or the pole(s) are at maximum capacity, then we cannot build Fiber there at this time.

As far as overloaded poles go, those do eventually open space and allow for us to get the ball rolling, but the no micro-trenching/digging restriction could be in place indefinitely until the city changes their mind on the matter.

However, we do plan to eventually cover all of SF and then all of California with our Fiber, it'll just take a good amount of time. We're also working with AT&T to resell their Fiber in areas we are not currently at yet, to expand our overall coverage.
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1