ATT DSL

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:36 pm
My ATT Uverse 6Mbps internet promo offer ($24.95/mo) will expire in a couple of months. I'm looking into whether Sonic's ATT DSL (can't get Fusion at my address unfortunately) is a more affordable option for me in San Jose. I want to verify if I can get the 6.0Mbps ATT legacy DSL plan through Sonic at my address or only up to 3Mbps. Also, what is the monthly bandwidth/data cap for Sonic's ATT DSL plans. I have 250G for Uverse currently. To verify plans available for my address should I call Sonic's Customer Support phone # or Sales Dept phone #?
by wa2ibm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:13 pm
Call sales. Even though you're currently getting 6Mbps, it's via the Uverse infrastructure, which Sonic cannot resell.

Sonic can, and does, resell legacy AT&T DSL however. You won't know until you call Sonic sales whether you're within 6Mbps range of the CO or RT that would deliver service. The trouble with AT&T DSL is that they have specific speed profiles. If the line you're on doesn't support a specific speed profile, then you'll be limited to the next lower profile.
by digitalbitstream » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:20 pm
Sonic has no cap. Enter your address to get a "distance to central office", that will determine your speed. You may get 20Mps with Sonic... or maybe 1.5Mbps... all depending on distance.
by gstanz67 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:53 am
Guest wrote:My ATT Uverse 6Mbps internet promo offer ($24.95/mo) will expire in a couple of months. I'm looking into whether Sonic's ATT DSL (can't get Fusion at my address unfortunately) is a more affordable option for me in San Jose. I want to verify if I can get the 6.0Mbps ATT legacy DSL plan through Sonic at my address or only up to 3Mbps. Also, what is the monthly bandwidth/data cap for Sonic's ATT DSL plans. I have 250G for Uverse currently. To verify plans available for my address should I call Sonic's Customer Support phone # or Sales Dept phone #?
I too was an ATT DSL customer for 5 years and after they implemented bandwidth caps and I was over the 150gb limit every single month....I said CYA!! and came here....and the switch was effortless...internet was down less than 20 minutes. Speeds are the exact same as I was getting at ATT (just under 6.0Mbps....5.8Mbps) and the monthly price is half of what I was paying and the main reason is I'm back to getting what I paid ATT for in the first place....UNLIMITED bandwidth. And to top it all off...I even got a courtesy call from them about a week after I switched over and the guy answered any and all of my questions that I might have had and even advised me NOT to upgrade to the Static because I would not benefit in terms of speed because of where I lived....I thought that was extremely cool of him to look out for a customer and be honest with them like that instead of just saying yeah go ahead and upgrade....in order to increase the profits of their company on a short term basis. So the fact that they did something NO OTHER ISP has ever done for me which was #1giving me the courtesy call....and #2 that he was straight up with me in terms of what my location was capable of and didn't try and close a new sale with me or "work" me for an upgrade I was ready to implement right then and there.... he didn't treat me like just another dollar sign....these two factors will make me a Sonic.net customer for as long as they are in business and as long as they do not start implementing Bandwidth caps like all of the other criminal ISP's are doing. My suggestion is to flee ATT as fast as humanly possible and switch over to Sonic.net.

P.S. The 24.95 will go up to at least $45.00 with "new" surcharges and fee hikes implemented quietly about every 6 months......check out this article if you need any more reasons to flee ATT http://blogs.cio.com/consumer-technolog ... mp-service

Happy Customer.
by Terprolov » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:52 am
Yea in the same boat. But at&t didn't even leave me with a way to escape the data cap to their own service, they don't even have u verse coverage in my area, which is absurd, its silicon valley, so if the goals just to drive people to uverse, big fail.

I guess I gotta call up sonic and get switched over.

I do wonder if at&t is going to try to raise my land line bill if i cancel dsl with them, sadly sonic fusion not offered in my area either:(
5 posts Page 1 of 1