BlueJeans videoconferencing and Sonic/AT&T Fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by radeyes » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:00 pm
Sonic Fiber customer here. I've always had problems connecting to BlueJeans large-scale videoconferences (their "Primetime Bluejeans" product) from my home computers. My company uses BlueJeans primarily for videoconferences and since the great 2020 COVID-19 shelter in place, I've been working from home since March, and this has become a *huge* inconvenience.
I have discovered that even through I have my AT&T provided NVG589 in "passthrough" mode so that I can use my Nest Mesh Wifi, it is not truly passthrough and is still actually doing firewall/packet filtering (even despite I have it the Packet Filter configured "off").
After explicitly creating Allow rules on the NVG589 for all of BlueJeans' IPs (from https://support.bluejeans.com/s/article ... ns-Network), I am now finally able to join BlueJeans videoconferences. Hopefully this helps others that may be having the same issue on Sonic Fiber.
1 post Page 1 of 1