Monthly teaser without specifics on fiber install

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by ensab » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:11 pm
I find the monthly newsletter a waste of my time because it provides no specific time for completion of fiber install in Burlingame. Not even a 4-6 week window. Can you at least tell me if the install will take place this year?
Do you know if Mariner's Island in San Mateo has underground wiring which would preclude installation of Sonic internet? Or, is there any possibility of Sonic providing service to compete with Comcast?
by dane » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm
We used to provide a specific activation date estimate. And then a city stopped our construction and we missed the dates and everyone got upset with us. Now we figure it is better to not make promises that we cannot keep.

And coincidentally, another city is doing this right now, with no resolution in sight. :x
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tpeterson » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:07 pm
dane wrote:....a city stopped our construction....
And coincidentally, another city is doing this right now, with no resolution in sight. :x
Not my city (San Carlos) I hope! The crews were here over a week ago to string support cabling on the poles, but I've seen no actual fiber installation so far....
by bjeung » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 pm
Seems like simply posting that fact in the monthly updates is an easy fix no? I guess some folks would still get mad but transparency goes a long way. That being said I haven't seen an update in a while for San Mateo and I have a pre-order for both home and work.
4 posts Page 1 of 1