Current state of resold AT&T fiber installs?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jessieandrob » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 pm
We're current Sonic customers in El Cerrito through Sonic's resold AT&T fiber. We're moving to a different house in El Cerrito at the end of the month and it looks like the resold AT&T fiber is still the only Sonic-available product.

While a bummer (we vividly remember the bad service we received because of AT&T's constantly late techs), we'd be fine with it because of still bein with Sonic's customer service and the surprisingly solid internet we have once hooked up.

That said, can folks share their recent install experiences? Are AT&T techs still talking long times or longer to get installs done even with the coronavirus going round? And have the techs been flexible in where on the premises they'll install the ONT?

And to Sonic employees: any hope of pushing Sonic's own fiber beyond Kensington into El Cerrito proper?
by tandrew » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:34 pm
I just had an install in 94110. The tech was on time and it took around 3 hours since he had to install the ONT, etc. He was super duper nice and kept on blue booties while he was in the house and worked pretty efficiently. He earned a tip and I was very pleased with the install. Hope this helps!
by jessieandrob » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:45 pm
tandrew wrote:I just had an install in 94110. The tech was on time and it took around 3 hours since he had to install the ONT, etc. He was super duper nice and kept on blue booties while he was in the house and worked pretty efficiently. He earned a tip and I was very pleased with the install. Hope this helps!
it does, yes! do you remember the wait time from ordering the install to the actual installation appointment?
by tandrew » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 pm
It was pretty quick! I think they originally offered a morning time a couple days after my sign up but you can reschedule.
4 posts Page 1 of 1