Eight Hour Internet Outage Last Night - What's Up With That ?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Fusion Customer » Wed May 20, 2020 8:40 am
Eight Hour Internet Outage Last Night - What's Up With That ?
by joeyyung911 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:00 pm
How about you provide more information?

That's like dropping off your car to a dealership and saying "There's something wrong with my car."
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dct » Wed May 20, 2020 4:54 pm
Fusion Customer wrote:Eight Hour Internet Outage Last Night - What's Up With That ?
The outage appears to have occurred after maintenance was performed on equipment serving the area. We always test connectivity pre and post maintenance, and if there are outliers, we respond as proactively as possible.

Unfortunately, it appears as though there was an issue after these tests were performed, and since our support is staffed from 8am to 10pm, and most of the impacted customers were asleep during these hours, we simply didn't know there was an outage. One of the reasons we perform maintenance in the middle of the night is to limit downtime for customers, and in the thirteen years I've been at Sonic, this is the only example of that backfiring that comes to mind.

As soon as we opened, we became aware of the issue, and responded as quickly as we could to restore service. I understand the reaction time leaves something to be desired, and we're looking into how we can do better moving forward.

Sorry for the frustrating experience. Please let me know if you have any issues moving forward with service.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1