Gigabit FTTH in Foster City, CA?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by niteshyadav » Sat May 16, 2020 2:37 pm
I currently have Sonic's gigabit FTTH service in San Francisco, but will be moving to Foster City on the Peninsula in the fall. I'd love to be able to keep this level of service (which has been amazing for the past 8 months I've had it), but it doesn't look like FTTH is yet available at the address I'll be moving to. I've seen some press releases about Sonic's expansion across the Peninsula, but haven't seen any specific mentions of Foster City.

Does anyone know if there are plans to expand gigabit FTTH into Foster City? Thanks!
by dlugo06 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:33 pm
I spoke to a rep today who said it is not available but they will let me know when it is. No indication of when I guess. Currently only Comcast is available and as you can expect it is abysmal.
by dane » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:50 pm
Not yet, sorry to say. So far we have deployed or announced fiber to the home in the following locations:

Sebastopol
Brentwood
San Francisco
Berkeley
Albany
Kensington
Emeryville
Oakland (Northern)
Burlingame
Petaluma
South San Francisco
San Bruno
Millbrae
Redwood City
San Mateo
Belmont
Hillsborough
San Carlos

...I think that's it. Clearly, we've got a long way to go, but I'm proud of the progress our teams are making on expanding the network and deploying services for consumers and businesses.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1