Bassett Lane and Rhus Ridge road getting repaved and fiber laid - would Sonic lay fiber too?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by zbrozek » Sat May 16, 2020 10:00 am
Rhus Ridge Road and Bassett Lane are small private roads in pretty rough shape. They're getting repaved soon, and the earth will be open. AT&T is going to be laying two 2-inch conduits and running fiber while it's easy to do so. I'm hoping other providers will take the opportunity to do the same, both lowering the cost to everyone involved and also creating a richer set of access options. An upgrade here should be able to bring about 25 homes into the modern era.

Other neighborhoods around us have their service on poles, but our power and copper telephone are provided underground. As a result our neighborhood lags far behind on access options, with the only internet service being 20 mbps DSL from AT&T over direct-bury wires from the early 1970s. Three homes in our neighborhood can't get service at all because of damage to those wires over the decades.

My friends who have Sonic are extremely pleased and I'm jealous of their situation. I would love to have the chance to join them. Right now I'm tethering to a phone because it's faster than DSL, but it's still less-than-stellar.
1 post Page 1 of 1