Meshforce M3 speeds not...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by ChrisD » Sat May 09, 2020 8:41 am
Meshforce m3 can handle up to 1200mbps download. The sonic tech who did the install said I can just plug ethernet to my mesh without the need to bridge the sonic modem.

It works but I'm only getting ⅓ of the speed compared to when I have the sonic router. (I bought the mesh because my home is large and sonic's router doesn't extend well).

I bridged the sonic router but the mesh isnt working.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this particular mesh system?
by js9erfan » Mon May 11, 2020 9:47 pm
I'm not familiar with that product but according to the specs the 5GHz band tops out at 867 Mbps; the 2.4GHz band 300 Mbps. Now, achieving 867 Mbps is not likely in reality due to wireless management overhead, interference, distance, amount of clients, etc. Expecting up to 400 Mbps on 5 GHz is much more realistic (also depends on the wireless client capability). If you want faster speeds then use a wired connection since the M3 has 1 Gbps ports. You can also try disabling "Capacity oriented mode" according to the manufacturer: http://ask.imeshforce.com/en/articles/2 ... -as-expect

Bridge mode should also be doable but knowing what modem you have would help... Just make sure that the modem and M3's LAN IPs are in different subnets so they don't conflict.
by joeyyung911 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:16 pm
You got caught in the marketing....867 Mbps + 300Mbps = 1.2gbps

You get one or the other not both combined, and certainly not close to their theoretical max speed.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by Larns576 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am
Realistic speed is probably ~500Mb when connected to the main unit.

Its only dual band, so when connected to one of the wall plugs, you'd instantly lose half bandwidth.

I recommend going with a tri band system like an all eero Pro setup. The new Asus XT8 looks promising too
by dane » Tue May 12, 2020 9:15 am
;)

http://sonic.com/betterwifi

You can get the tri-band Eero pro units, or the dual band Beacon repeaters. The hot setup if you have Ethernet and don’t need to repeat via WiFi is the new Eero units, they’re dual band but also have Ethernet, and are lower cost.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bubba198 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm
I love looking at those published spec sheets, after years in the biz I've kind of learned the norm: reality is 50% of advertised spec. Of course the proof is in the pudding - I am not talking speedtest :) lol I am talking few hours of good end-to-end ipef3 testing with high end gear, not some old beat up laptop.

But I do have a "real" question to the group. If one puts a weight on "you get what you pay for" could someone comment on first hand real life experience with the ApliFi Wi Fi 6 set which goes for $700?
mesh.png
mesh.png (129.29 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
6 posts Page 1 of 1