Asus router losing connection every 10 mins on Fusion IP Broadband X2

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by asusfan » Fri May 08, 2020 5:55 am
Sharing for anyone else who runs into this problem.

I've been struggling the past several weeks working from home trying to get my home network to work smoothly with 4 people doing Zoom / Netflix / Youtube / etc. simultaneously and constantly.

Setup
Fusion IP Broadband X2 (~48/5.5)
Pace 5268ac gateway DMZ+ to an Asus RT-AC68U

There are known problems with the stock Asus Adaptive QoS so I'm using a popular mod - FreshJR QoS - which sets different tc and iptables rules on top of the stock QoS for better control over your network bandwidth allocation and priority.

The problem I was having was my WAN connection would reset every 10 minutes. This was due to the 10 minute DHCP lease from ATT, and an iptables rule in the Adaptive QoS which was blocking the DHCP renewal process. Once that rule was sorted, I can now run Adaptive QoS without issue. Simultaneous Netflix, Youtube, VOIP call, and Zoom video call without a hiccup in the voice or video for my calls. Brilliant!

See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/relea ... ost-581137 for details if you're experiencing the same problem.
1 post Page 1 of 1