Getting NAT to work from INTERNAL addresses on Zyxel router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by scw1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 am
Hi,

I have a Zyxel P-663HN-51 modem. It's set to use NAT to the webserver running in our facility. It works great from external networks. The issue is I want people to be able to bookmark that address and have the webpage work when they come into the building. What I'm finding is that inside the building people the address will send somebody to the configuration page of the router rather than the webserver.

What would be ideal is vising the local/internal ip of the router on port 80 would bring up the configuration page. Visiting the global/external ip of the router would trigger the NAT. Is this possible? Is there a workaround?

-Scott
by Guest » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am
I have DNS outside for www.example.com point to my externally visible sonic.net IP address and I run a DNS server inside that has www.example.com point to my internally visible 192.168.x.x IP address.
by scw1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 pm
Thanks for your reply. I started heading down that path, but I was hoping for a simpler answer that didn't put another piece of infrastructure into the loop.
3 posts Page 1 of 1