Gigabit Fiber in Bernal Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
128 posts Page 7 of 13
by lunulair » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:55 pm

"Your forecasted fiber live date is: May 2023"
by aatreya » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:50 pm
Can someone from Sonic provide any insight on the repeated delays, please?

I see that Dane and others are active in this forum on other threads, but this one has not had a reply in months.
by dcokenias » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:20 pm
Yeah, the lack of communication here has been frustrating. Thankfully, the other guys offer 2G on my street. Got it installed this morning.
by lunulair » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:41 pm
dcokenias wrote:Thankfully, the other guys offer 2G on my street. Got it installed this morning.
Sooner or later you have to do something.

We have limited options, and I absolutely refuse to do business with Comcast, so that's out. Meanwhile, for the past year I look out our kitchen window every day and see Sonic's fiber cable strung on the poles out front, literally ten feet from our house, and wonder what's the reason they can't light it up. And I'm left wondering because there hasn't been a single concrete bit of information here about what, exactly, is the holdup.
by jerrielm » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:28 am
Hello -

I checked with Plant, and there are a few sections of Underground construction that need to be finished before we can light up the rest of the neighborhood.   

This issue is what's holding up completion for Crescent Drive, and 300 Park.  

Plant says that the permitting process has been completed (takes longer for MUNI crossings) and they anticipate completion in the next 45 days.

The Nevada Street address will take a little longer, also with some MUNI crossings, likely 60-75 days.

We will keep an eye on both projects and advise if any timelines change, hopefully shorter!

Best Wishes!
by aatreya » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:27 am
Thank you very much for the detail and update!
by lunulair » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:46 pm
Also, thank you, but man, getting that info was like pulling teeth. I know you don't want to over-promise with project dates, especially with something as squirrely as public construction permits in SF, but simply giving us a heads-up every now and then would have at least given us some assurance that this was still underway.
by aatreya » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:50 pm
Looks like this was pushed back silently again (again) by another two months. Date is now showing up as July 2023.
by db2450 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:48 am
August 2024 now :shock:
by jerrielm » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:35 pm
aatreya wrote:Looks like this was pushed back silently again (again) by another two months. Date is now showing up as July 2023.
Hopefully i can get some new info for you soon

lunulair wrote:Also, thank you, but man, getting that info was like pulling teeth. I know you don't want to over-promise with project dates, especially with something as squirrely as public construction permits in SF, but simply giving us a heads-up every now and then would have at least given us some assurance that this was still underway.
I would love to do something like that. Maybe we will look into trying to get better updates out to customers .

aatreya wrote:Thank you very much for the detail and update!
You're welcome.
128 posts Page 7 of 13