Gigabit Fiber in Bernal Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
126 posts Page 5 of 13
by bonzerduncan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:39 pm
I'm in St Mary's Park but that's close enough to piggyback on this thread, right?

I believe that Sonic fiber is on Bosworth, east of San Jose Ave, and have recently have seen some technicians (unsure who they work for, but not the obvious Sonic labeled trucks) at the Mission/Bosworth-Murray intersection and at the ATT junction box on Murray where the old KFC used to be (have had some short loss of service issues since I've seen the technicians but connectivity comes back within 5 mins).

A few telephone poles have been replaced in the last two years years as well, so I know they can handle a new line.

Any chance of an update for the St. Mary's Park, a sub-neighborhood in the greater Bernal Heights neighborhood?
by lunulair » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:47 pm
bonzerduncan wrote:Any chance of an update for the St. Mary's Park, a sub-neighborhood in the greater Bernal Heights neighborhood?
Magic Eight-Ball says, "Check back in 2023".

This whole thread has been one long waiting game for status updates.
by dane » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:32 am
There are a big block of service areas South of Bernal Park which are currently scheduled to come online in late 2022. The team is trying very hard to get these completed by the end of December.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dcokenias » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:04 am
Thanks for the update.
by lunulair » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:47 pm
January 2023...

<taps foot impatiently>
by rustyhodge » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:56 am
Frustrating that my neighbors across the street can get fiber because their house backs onto Harrison which is fibered-up; but my street (Treat) "requires some undergrounding to connect to the network." (which means it is never going to get connected. Same goes for all the homes around Precita Park that aren't adjacent to Alabama or Harrison.

My SonicDSL has problems (line static) for years, and it's frustrating that I pay more for bonded DSL than Sonic charges for Fiber.

I can't get RCN/Wave/Astound (whatever their name de jour is) nor ATT Fiber. Just Comcast. So frustrating. Oh, Monkey Brains but they're so unreliable. (I use monkey now with an automatic failover to Sonic DSL but it's a kludge)
by aatreya » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:34 pm
Looks like my area’s installation date just got pushed back by two more months to March 2023. :(

Can anyone at Sonic shed any light on the delay or major steps remaining to get Bernal live?
by lunulair » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:15 pm
aatreya wrote:Looks like my area’s installation date just got pushed back by two more months to March 2023.
How did you get that information - did you call Sonic and speak with someone? (I'm not finding anything here in these forums.)

Also, what is your 'area'? I'm on Crescent Ave, and haven't seen any activity anywhere between here and Cortland. Not a single truck.
by aatreya » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:29 pm
lunulair wrote:
aatreya wrote:Looks like my area’s installation date just got pushed back by two more months to March 2023.
How did you get that information - did you call Sonic and speak with someone? (I'm not finding anything here in these forums.)

Also, what is your 'area'? I'm on Crescent Ave, and haven't seen any activity anywhere between here and Cortland. Not a single truck.
I’ve been frequently checking the construction update link I was given for my preorder and saw yesterday it was pushed back to March. It previously said December 2022, and was later changed to January 2023. (When I placed my preorder in late 2021, I was initially told the area would go live in spring 2022.) Any more insight from Sonic on the delays would be appreciated.

I’m also on Crescent Ave. I can see the Sonic fiber lines on the pole on my street but there are no terminals yet because I assume the other end isn’t yet hooked up to anything.
by aatreya » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm
aatreya wrote:Looks like my area’s installation date just got pushed back by two more months to March 2023. :(

Can anyone at Sonic shed any light on the delay or major steps remaining to get Bernal live?
Any update here? Given how many times it’s been delayed, is there a chance this deployment doesn’t actually get completed?
126 posts Page 5 of 13