Gigabit Fiber in Bernal Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
128 posts Page 2 of 13
by aatreya » Fri May 07, 2021 8:03 pm
Any updates here?
by briancw » Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am
Hi aatreya,

I'd like to try and hunt this down for you, I see the address we have on file for this account isn't on Crescent, so if you could please direct message me the address you're looking at I can track that down. The direct message button is the wee little blue button right beneath my name. Send me that address and I will track down the specifics for you and see where we are at.

Thanks,
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by aatreya » Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm
Sent you a PM :)
by aatreya » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm
@Briancw - friendly ping on this. Sent you a PM with the service address.

Thanks!
by briancw » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am
Hi aatreya,

I am very sorry about the delay in response there. Holy smokes. I dug a bit deeper. The address on Crescent is currently not part of our active build projects. What we should expect for that area is that now that things have gotten reinforced we need to come back through and apply to put our lines on the poles with the associated owners of said poles and get engineered in order to expand there. There isn't a solid time table on how long that process could take sadly. I know this is probably not the answer you were hoping for here. For the time being that address on Crescent is only able to get Fiber to the Node via our partnership with AT&T at up to 75mbps. Definitely keep checking in here and at https://www.sonic.com/availability for updates off and on.
Brian W
Sonic
by aatreya » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:37 pm
Brian,

Thanks for the reply and for digging into it further!
now that things have gotten reinforced we need to come back through and apply to put our lines on the poles with the associated owners of said poles and get engineered in order to expand there.
Has this process already been started on the Sonic end?
by briancw » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:55 pm
Hi aatreya,

You are very welcome. In the case of this neighborhood it looks like the process of reapplying for access to the poles has not begun yet. It looks like we are still working on current projects. I don't have a solid estimate on how long it could be till the next stage would begin on this section of the city unfortunately.
Brian W
Sonic
by aatreya » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:57 pm
Thanks. Let me know if I can do anything to help speed anything up. I've talked to many of my neighbors and they're itching to switch to fiber as soon as it's available.
by steve.wms » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:10 pm
Chiming back in on this request from a different address on Crescent Ave. Has there been any progress? We're excited for gigabit fiber.
by aatreya » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:45 pm
Looks like preorders are now live in the area!
When do you expect the construction might actually occur?
128 posts Page 2 of 13