service dropping

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by belizemohn » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Anybody having connection problems? There are no updates posted on sonicstatus.com so wanted to check with other users. Ever since maintenance last night in San Francisco, our connection has been unusable all day. It alternates between working fine, then slowing down, then dropping completely, hence unusable for working from home. We tried resetting from gateway, and by unplugging everything, waiting a few minutes then starting again. I emailed support this morning, and was on hold over 20 minutes this afternoon, with no response. Also there's an Intermittent Connection Issue warning related to unfiltered phone lines. We have no phones connected, and the router is connected directly to the phone jack with no phone line filter.
by jacob.karinen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:45 am
Hello Belizemohn,

I'm sorry to hear about your connection issues. If your equipment is reporting a bad filter but none are present on the line then that could be indicative of a physical issue on the lines. I ran some tests but they didn't show anything obvious. I see there's also a ticket open for AT&T to check the outside lines. It's slated for a dispatch but no one from AT&T has been assigned just yet. In the mean time there are a couple things I'd like you to try and we'll see if they help. The first would be replacing the phone line between the jack and the modem. It's possible there's something going on with the phone cable between the modem and the jack resulting in an unstable connection. The second would be verifying a clean dial tone when you plug a phone and and listen to it. If there is static on the line then that would indicate a physical issue somewhere we need to repair. If after replacing the phoneline and you have clean dialtone but are still experiencing issues we may want to look at dispatching a Sonic tech to check the IW. If you have any questions please let me know.

Best regards,
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1