ipv6 on Fiber?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by qiuwn002 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm
Been using the fiber service for years and recently been told that Sonic fiber probably doesn't have ipv6 support for my xbox.. wonder if this is true? I turned on the ipv6 switch on my Eero app but it's not detecting ipv6
by jacob.karinen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:49 am
Currently we do not offer IPv6 over our fiber connection. (More information about it can be found here: https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... -Fiber-FAQ)

Our systems team is working to make it a reality but it's not something we have just yet. The latest update I could find was from January talking about how we want to roll it out this year (2020)

The post can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10735&hilit=ipv6&start=10#p51883
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by qiuwn002 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:02 pm
jacob.karinen wrote:Currently we do not offer IPv6 over our fiber connection. (More information about it can be found here: https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... -Fiber-FAQ)

Our systems team is working to make it a reality but it's not something we have just yet. The latest update I could find was from January talking about how we want to roll it out this year (2020)

The post can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10735&hilit=ipv6&start=10#p51883
Thank you Jacob for your kind reply.
I saw the most recent update back in January but when I am using my gaming console it gets me a latency of 150ms while a whole bunch of my friends are having like 15-20ms. That's why I really want to have the IPv6 update.

Looking forward to having the IPv6 and hope you and your family stay healthy and safe!
3 posts Page 1 of 1